Relieve Your Toothache with Root Canal Treatment!
It may sound strange, but root canal treatment performed at our Melbourne dental practice should not cause any more discomfort than that of a regular filling…
If you are suffering from a chronic toothache, root canal treatment may be the appropriate treatment to fix these issues once and for all. Traditionally if the nerve tissue of a tooth became infected the whole tooth would have to be extracted, but with root canal treatment our experienced dentists can save your tooth by simply removing the infected nerve tissue!
Symptoms of infected nerve tissue include:
- Severe pain and sensitivity in teeth when chewing
- Sensitivity to temperature changes within the mouth
- Discoloration (or darkening) of the tooth
- Swelling and inflammation of the surrounding gum tissue
- A persistent or recurring pimple on the gums
If you experience any of these symptoms it is best to see one of our Melbourne dental professionals as soon as possible.
Infected nerve tissue can be a result of many oral issues
Factors that can contribute to the need for root canal treatment include:
- Repeated dental treatment on a specific tooth
- Breakdown of an existing filling or crown
- Extensive tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Cracked teeth
- Extreme wear of a tooth