Oral Health Tips and Ticks – Dental Health Week 2019
Dental Health Week is here, and with the help of the Australian Dental Association, we want to provide you with some oral heath tips and tricks.
Tips and Tricks
- Brush Twice A Day – The best protection against tooth decay and gum disease.
- Clean Between Your Teeth – Remember brushing does not always remove the plaque in between your teeth. Use floss or interdental brushes.
- Visit Your Dentist – Regular check-ups do more than just check for tooth decay; they also check for oral cancer and gum disease.
- Spit Don’t Rinse – Spit out excess toothpaste after brushing, but don’t rinse out your mouth. This washes away the fluoride that helps protect your teeth.
- Limit Your Snacks – Each time you eat foods containing sugar you feed the bacteria in your mouth that cause tooth decay.
- Drink Water – Drinking fluoridated tap water after meals helps flush out left over food particles from the mouth and strengthens your teeth.
- Protect Your Pearly Whites – Play contact sports? Ask your dentist about custom-made mouthguards. They protect your teeth better than store bought varieties.
If you would like more information for maintaining your oral health contact us and one of our experienced team members will discuss it further. Alternatively, you can also visit Australian Dental Association where they have more information about oral health.